Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kastraki, Greece

Meteora is nearly to the border of Greece and Albania. I took the bus from Athens and stopped at the end of the line which was Kastraki, a very cute little town. The bigger nearby town, Kalambaka, is where most people stay and take the charter bus to see the clifftop monasteries. I, of course, had to be different!

Kastraki won my heart. I stayed in a small family owned place with their own restaurant. Need I say, the food was outstanding?! The day I planned to hike up to the monasteries, it rained so hard this Washingtonian stayed inside to paint.

After having one of mother's fabulous meals, I sat at my table and drew the street scene. It felt like a pen and ink composition was calling......


And then I added the watercolors.

No comments:

Post a Comment