Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Miscellaneous Photos Of Greece

My trip to Greece, abridged version, filled 16 blogs beginning October 4th. There is so much more to tell, yet words and photos cannot capture the amazing experience that unfolded each day.

Included in this final blog - although I will probably mention Greece again at some point in time - are a few photos of note which I would like to share.

Cats are plentiful and seem to have a good life in Greece. Some of the fishermen share their catch of the day which this kitty took to a quiet spot to consume.


Finding a little shade from the intense sun.


Keeping an eye on me while I eat.


Posing for the perfect photograph.


Rocks are one of my fetishes. Here are just a few.......

Paradise Beach, Santorini





Morning light on Plakias Beach, Crete


Despotiko Island near Antiparos



Favorite flower photos

Prickly pear cactus growing on Thirasia Island, Santorini


Mystery plant growing at the monastery of Meteora


Wild Onion found on the islands of Crete, Naxos, Paros, and Antiparos. Most likely grows all over Greece.


Wild sand orchid which I found on both Santorini and Crete.


The lovely, colorful bougainvillea found everywhere in Greece.



Some classic photos

Santorini



Santuary of Apollo on Naxos


Meteora



And the typical tourist photos


No comments:

Post a Comment