Sunday, November 29, 2009

Best Gift

Yes, it is that time of year for gift giving.

The past couple of years I have gifted my grown children by taking them to Whistler to ski. It is a gift of fun and good memories. But this year with the Olympics being at Whistler, I decided to do buy a special gift.

At the Art in the Garden show in Enumclaw this summer, I met a fabulous artist; Julie Michels. Julie paints animals on rocks. She selects just the right rock for her composition. I fell in love with her penguin mother and child.



When I was at the Fair where Julie sells her art, I could not resist an owl.



Julie will paint from photographs, too. I sent her images of my grown children's pets and she capture their likeness perfectly. I was so excited by her renditions of my son's and girlfriend's dogs and my daughter's cat that I could not resist showing them on Thanksgiving rather than waiting until Christmas!

Looking for a unique, creative present?

Visit Julie at her website

No comments:

Post a Comment