Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sequim Lavender Festival Photos

WHAT A FABULOUS LAVENDER FESTIVAL!!!

Because I planned to spend two days in Sequim, I was able to see all seven lavender farms. What a treat! I was pleasantly impressed with the organization of such a large festival. The first day my good friend, Shelley, and I saw three farms on our drive into Sequim: Sunshine Lavender Farm, Purple Haze Lavender Farm, and Port Williams Lavender Farm. The second day we took the tour bus which was extremely convenient and visited Lost Mountain Lavender Farm, Cedar Brook Lavender Farm, Jardin du Soleil Lavender Farm, and Olympic Lavender Farm.

Olympic Gentle Paws, a local pet therapy organization offered FREE PET SITTING at the Lavender Festival Street Fair. You could leave your dog in a safe, secure, shaded environment. The dogs were in crates or kennels with plenty of water and attention. What a great idea!

I ate lavender ice cream, and sampled other lavender treats. My hands were bathed in lavender soap and lavender lotion. My nose had a lavender extravaganza. My ears listened to various music from jazz to electric fiddle.

I brought home two lavender plants, lavender bubble bath, lavender essential oils, and a lovely print of an oil painting by Selley Byrd of my favorite lavender farm, Jardin du Soleil.

As promise, here are some photos I took.......


Purple Haze Lavender Farm



Olympic Lavender Farm



Lost Mountain Lavender Farm



Jardin du Soleil



Jadin du Soleil Lavender Farm

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these photos of your time at the festival. I am in love with all things lavender and would be delighted to be amongst a sea of lavender. Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi F. Monique,

    You are welcome.

    Yes, the sea of lavender is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete