Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Another Canvas

I am having so much fun creating space and atmosphere in my new house.

Having an entire room for my art studio is delightful. I ordered two daylight fixtures that were on sale at Jerry's Artarama, an online art store. I am creating two additional painting areas in my studio so that I can work on more than one painting at a time. Next I am going to build a shelf in the closet so that full size watercolor paper can fit. That will be a treat!

I am feeling guilty that I have not painted in a long time, but my creative energy has been directed to organizing space and decorating. I have only hung a few paintings, so far.

On a side note, I am visualizing the landscape around my house as another canvas to work on. Karen Lohmann of Matsushima Landscaping in Olympia is helping me with the design. Today I went to see the gardens she designed for Samara. WOW!

At some point in time there will be pictures posted of my canvases. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment