Monday, July 20, 2009

Sequim Artist

Besides the fabulous lavender farms at the Sequim Lavender Festival you will find outstanding artists.

Actually while the festival was going on, Sequim also had an art studio tour with 13 artists participating. I must admit, I could not fit this into my two days because my goal was to see all 7 lavender farms. But, I did get to meet several artist who had booths at the farms and at the Street Fair. Their was much to enjoy and a bit overwhelming.

I was honored to meet several of the artists who were selected for the festival's premier art of the year. I plan to create a watercolor painting to submit for next year's Lavender Festival.

I fell in love with one of Douglas Selley Byrd's reproductions of an oil painting depicting the Jardin du Soleil Lavender Farm. He is a self taught artist whose inspiration comes from the impressionist painters of the 19th century. The combination of the red poppies and the lavender is stunning, and he captures the feeling quite well.

Jardin du Soleil
Selley Byrd

No comments:

Post a Comment