Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oriental Dogwood Enchantment

I am totally in awe watching the daily transformation of the Oriental Dogwood Tree which a friend highly recommended I plant in my yard.

Not only are the flowers a study in grace dancing on top of the branches, but the color of the flowers have changed from a blush white to a dazzling pink in just a few days.

I see several watercolor paintings in the near future!

But for now, here are some photos of the beauty.....

The full tree is rather small; I am not sure how big it might get.


Check out the cluster of flowers!!!




And a close view of the flowers.




Subject matter for my Sunday Sketch....stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. This is a very beautiful tree. Really makes me miss my house back home with all of the trees I planted, flowers, etc. Ahhhh....so I will enjoy the beauty of yours! :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophia,

    Bitter sweet, right?!?
    Glad to hear of your enjoyment :)

    ReplyDelete