Monday, December 13, 2010

Everyone Is Talking About It

A new art book was recently released and everyone is talking/blogging about it.

James Gurney, New York Times best-selling author and artist of the Dinotopia series, follows Imaginative Realism with his second art-instruction book,

Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter.



This book is a comprehensive art instruction book about all the important aspects color and light for students of art and those wishing to improve the quality of their painting in any media.

I understand that it is a very accessible art instruction book, and it articulates very clearly how you can make choices about how to use different features of color and light in a painting.

In addition, I hear that the images and graphics are outstanding.

It is time for me to head to my local Barnes and Noble book store and see for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment