Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wish I Had My Camera!

How can I explain the incredible vista my friend and I saw for a brief moment today?

I will try.......

Olympia, Washington is blessed with many waterways. If you look at a map you will see all these fingers reaching towards Olympia from the Puget Sound. The waterways are an asset to our city.

Elaine and I were taking a walk on the Percival Landing boardwalk in downtown Olympia. It is a scenic walkway interspersed with art with a glimpse of the Olympic Mountain range if you should be so lucky as to have a day without rain.



The Kiss
Richard Beyer
Cast Aluminum
Gift from Patrons for South Sound Cultural Activities (POSSCA)
1990



Today was one of those days. As we came to the view of the Olympics covered in snow, there was a break in the sky which created a pattern of light on the mountains. It was dramatic and exquisite. A couple of people had their cameras in hand and I wish I had had mine. We all stood there in awe and the sunlight danced upon the mountain range for a short period of time. And the show was over. Need I say, it was AWESOME?!

No comments:

Post a Comment