Monday, August 24, 2009

Reasons to Paint Every Day

Since moving the end of June, I have been using my creative energy in designing my new environment. Needless to say, I have not painted since. As I am looking forward to painting a part of me is saying "can I still do this it seems so foreign?"

Today, another artist made these feelings I am having more clear to me. Loriann Signori states, "Painting every day is so much like taking your vitamins, exercising and eating right. Without it your health/painting health can suffer." Returning to painting after several days away she explains, "I felt out of sorts, as if I needed to re-friend my materials. When I paint every day I am in a groove, it's not as much about thinking as responding." She concludes, "Sure it's good to get away and rest your mind from burn out... but there's a price to pay. I feel like I am relearning how to ride that horse.

Having unpacked my last box.........I am ready to ride again.

Stay tuned........

No comments:

Post a Comment