Thursday, February 26, 2009

Watercolor Pencils

What a GREAT portable art medium!

I just returned from 10 days in Mexico..........FABULOUS!!!
Best of all I managed to find time to create two mandalas paintings while sitting by the ocean listening to the sounds of the waves crashing as well as being visited by dolphins.

I cannot expound enough about the simplicity of carrying along a set of watercolor pencils, field watercolor pad, a couple of brushes, and some water.
You can literally set up anywhere!

Here is the spot I chose.



See the flat area overhanging the water? That is where I painted. Nice, huh?!

I will post the mandala paintings as soon as I find a day in Olympia, Washington that it is not raining or snowing. I hope I do not have to wait until Spring! I did photograph the paintings while in Mexico, but total sunshine washed out some of the color........can you believe, too much sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment