Thursday, February 12, 2009

More Mandalas

I have been enjoying creating watercolor mandala paintings this past week as a barometer to my emotional well-being. Usually I create a mandala in one painting session and sometimes add the background color the next day.

Exception; I repainted the background on this mandala after living with it for a few days. At first I wanted a yellowish glow which is not so apparent when posted on an earlier blog, but the painting called for blue. I like it much better.

What do you think?



On another note of blue, I found myself contemplating the depth of the ocean and all the symbolism associated with the ocean in relation to Mother Earth. I thought about the deep connection with my mother.

Here is the mandala which came out of this meditative painting session.



I have yet to understand the floating orange image, but I know it will be revealed in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment