Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"Free Bird"

Today I finished an oil painting that came about after the two "warm up" paintings of the other day (previous posts). I was not able to return to painting outdoors as our liquid sunshine here in Washington has returned.

Earlier this year I treated myself to a session with an astrologist. Looking at the astrological chart of my birth and the positions of the planets at this time, she dubbed me a "free bird." Interesting enough, the "free bird" showed up in my oil painting, but I did not recognize its significance until I sat back to take in the painting. Paintings usually sit in a predominant spot in my studio where I can frequently glance at them to decide, finished or not, do I like it or not, what does it need?

Not only did this comment about the "free bird" linger with me, but also very fitting for my soon flight to Greece for the month of September.

An interesting thing happened........

The painting was done horizontally. When I set it to dry, I placed it vertical. Oh my gosh, what a difference! Check it out....




I like the flight of the bird going up and the waves crashing from right to left.

Which one do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment