Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Sketches

I have been a bit negligent in creating art lately, but I was inspired to design a logo for my cousin's new business. Besides, if he liked it I would get some of his outrageous pastries and preserves!

Apparently in California there is a new law passed which laid the foundations for his business to take off commercially instead of selling to friends and family. He can use his own kitchen.

I did not win the contest for business name, but I did win the logo design. Cannot wait for my goodie box to arrive :)

Do people still create logos by hand? If I were more versed at Photoshop it would have looked very different and maybe more professional. Mine has a hand drawn look and when reduced will not show the imperfections.

Which one do you like?


He is leaning towards number 2.

More Sunday Sketchers.....

2 comments:

  1. I would go with the second version also. although they look almost the second except I think the second version is neater somehow.

    hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the logo! The bottom one with the slightly slimmer writing - aside from that they are almost indistinguishable. Even graphic designers recommend starting by hand so as to avoid Default Mode and launch creativity..... I feel envious of the logo and your circumstance bc I gave up all sweets for the new year :( it'd be dreadful save I feel heaps better generally. But it is a cruel reminder...........

    ReplyDelete