Thursday, March 29, 2012

Trees on my Mind

According to art therapy text, the tree symbolizes the Self.

When someone draws a tree, an art therapists will look at several aspects of the image and reflect on the creator's personal characteristics.

In my previous blog, I shared the experience of the cracking that magically happened to my canvas on which I painted a tree. I am still trying to figure out its significance in my life.......the art therapist in me never sleeps.

In this next tree oil painting, I focused mostly on the stout base of the tree trunk and its fabulous colors.



I wander to the realm of personal characteristics traits....an emphasis on strong grounding and solid foundation with colorful accents, but the expressive fern in the foreground draws attention almost to distraction.

Time to sit with these feelings and ponder its significance.

No comments:

Post a Comment