Thursday, January 5, 2012

More Scribbles

I picked up one of Bet Borgenson's book on colored pencil techniques and shared it with my art therapy client who, unfortunately is now immobile due to Parkinson's. I have shared my recent creations at times, but I no longer get her feedback. I shared my woes regarding colored pencils and brought Bet's book and my sketchbook on my last visit.

What I learned is the importance of paper when using colored pencil. Bet showed a cross-section of different papers and how the colored pencil works with each. Returning again to my frustration and challenge with the paper provided in the sketchbook, I scribbled. The last sketches in my sketchbook for the Sketchbook Project 2012 will be done in colored pencil because gluing the watercolor sketches into the sketchbook has made it rather bulky.

This scene was inspired by a vista from my walk on the Chehalis Western Trail not far from my house in Olympia, Washington. I love to watch the seasonal transitions of the ponds and especially like cattails. I am a frequent flier on the Trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment