Saturday, May 30, 2009

Artists' Garage Sale

Every year the Olympia Arts Commission organizes a huge artists' garage sale at the National Guard Armory. I am not certain how many years this gathering has been happening, but this was my first time attending. It is an event where you can find materials to make art and finished art ready to take home.

The Artist' Garage Sale is open to all artists and a booth space cost of only $10. I heard there were lines to get in this morning as they say the "best" stuff goes first. I do not subscribe to that philosophy as I did not get there until afternoon and found some ideal items. It is my belief that what you want or need shows up no matter what time you arrive.

What I really enjoyed was talking with other artists. It was a great social gathering of artists and an opportunity to make some money. It was FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment