Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Daughters Helping Mothers

As the saying goes, we learn from our children for they are our best teachers. I must admit I grew up along side of my daughter. She was the first born.

Today, as a young adult, Michelle is still guiding me along.

Recently we had lunch together and then she took me to her favorite tea house, Teahouse Kuan Yin in Wallingford which is north of downtown, on the other side of Lake Union close to the University of Washington. A cozy little shop that has been around since 1990 and sells bulk teas, teaware, light meals, desserts, and hot or iced tea in a fun and relaxing atmosphere. Michelle's favorite tea is Jasmine and I love the smell. Unfortunately, caffeine and I do not get along, but they have a huge selection of herbal teas. We had tea and chatted.

Michelle had suggested to me that I might contact the owner about hanging my paintings on the walls. I came ready with portfolio in hand, but the owner was not present that day. I diligently did my follow-up and contacted him by e-mail. Marcus was quick to respond, and we have set May 9th as the day for me to hang my watercolor paintings.

Thank you, Michelle for your encouragement and insightfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment