Thursday, March 19, 2009

"It Has To Grow On Me"

Those were my mother's favorite words after viewing a painting she was not particularly excited about.

I find that some paintings must grow on me before I accepted them as a finished product or start over again. A couple of days ago, I believed that the watercolor painting "View From the Titanic" might be finished. I always keep the latest painting somewhere in view of my everyday activities so I can "catch a glimpse" of it as I go about my tasks. It will "speak" to me. There was a blatant issue that was bugging me and today I finally did something about it.

In the process of intensifying the color of the water (it looks very turquoise here, but it really is not that way in the original; blue is a challenging color to get accurate with a camera let alone a computer screen), I realized the power of changing Mother Nature. What might be the significance?!?!

The first rendition



and the final



Which do you prefer? Or is it back to the drawing board?

No comments:

Post a Comment