Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Sketches

I actually cheated and did my sketch on Friday!

I am now into the groove of sketching once a week since I ran across Sophie's blog about Sunday Sketches. Being that I was out of town for the weekend, I needed to have a sketch for Sunday.....so, I did it on Friday :)

I am enjoying sketching, inking, and painting. It feels like I am coloring in the sketch and I must admit to coloring inside the lines. I hope it does not ruin my reputation! I am intrigued by shapes which when I normally paint with watercolors (without the ink lines) the shapes are less pronounced.

Here is my Sunday (Friday) Sketch:

Ink version


Painted version

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, Joanne, it's such a defined look, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne. Awww...so glad you are enjoying SS! You're a really great artist and I'm SO enjoying your masterpieces unfold. :)

    I'm sorry for the delayed visit, so much going on here with dad, etc. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine & Sophia,

    Thanks for the compliments :)

    ReplyDelete