Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Leaf Trellis

When I decide to enter an art show, one criteria is that the show is located in a place I like to visit or would like to visit. The bonus when one of my paintings is accepted.....I get to plan an adventure.

In May one of my watercolor paintings was accepted into the Sequim Art Show. When I dropped off the watercolor painting, my friend Shelley and I hiked the Dungeoness Spit to the light house. On the return trip, my friend Janet and I stopped at the Whitney Gardens and Nursery, an art show, the Blue Whole Gallery, the Native Art Gallery, and my favorite place "Over The Fence".

"Over The Fence" is a unique garden store in the heart of Sequim, Washington. What a fun place to visit and get ideas for the home and garden. On this adventure, I saw two leaf trellises which would look outstanding as landscape art. They came home with me!


Closer view


With the dinosaur egg


Thinking about adding some flowers around the base....

No comments:

Post a Comment