Friday, April 29, 2011

Sequim Art Show

This weekend I am traveling up to the Sequim/Port Townsend area to deliver a watercolor painting that was juried into the Sequim Art Show which opens May 3rd.

Part of why I entered this show was an excuse to visit the beautiful area. I will spend Saturday in Port Townsend checking out their art galleries, spending time along the water, and eating seafood. It has been a very long time since I visited Port Townsend. Sunday, we will travel to Sequim the home of the famous Lavender Festival. Sequim is also noted for more sunny days than anywhere else in Washington.

The art show was juried by Mike McCollum and will run to the end of the month. The Museum & Art Center is located at 175 W. Cedar Street in Sequim.

This is the watercolor painting that was chosen:

Joanne Osband
Royal Purple
watercolor


The inspiration for this painting came from my neighbor's garden.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the traveling and art show! :) You are SO good.

    PS I updated/corrected your Sunday Sketch link. You should be fine now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophia,

    Thanks for the compliment :)

    I appreciate your fixing the link.

    ReplyDelete