Sunday, June 13, 2010

Northwest Horticultural Society

Today my friend Janet insisted that I must see Joyce Hawkin's garden which was on display as part of the Northwest Horticultural Society's garden tour.

For the past five years, Joyce and her family have been creating this fabulous garden. I took several pictures; hopefully you can get an idea of why this was a "must see". Joyce artistically composed colors and shapes which made her garden outstanding. Interspersed within the garden you would find Joyce's colorful sculpted cement leaves and "dinosaur eggs" of which I could not resist. Watch for a follow up blog when this piece of sculpture arrives in my yard.





And the ponds...




Have you ever seen a poppy such as this?




Lovely composition...


Needless to say, the garden was a feast for my eyes and soul.

Thank you Joyce!

If you would like to find out more about the Northwest Horticultural Society, please visit their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment