Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Why Cats Paint


Today I shared the book Why Cats Paint by Heather Busch and Burton Silver with my art therapy client who is no longer able to paint.

The photos in the book are phenomenal! There are twelve cats featured and each one has its own style of painting. The authors share the personal stories of each cat as well as the psychological implications of their paintings and techniques.

One cat paints en plein air. What I found particularly interesting was how the palettes the cats choose coincides with what they are painting from (one has Van Goghs around him) or their surroundings.

Many of the cats that paint spend at least ten minutes sitting in harmonic resonance prior to commencing a work of art. The authors inject that the cats derive some inspirational power from the invisible low frequency force fields. I always felt cats "space out," but maybe this is what they are doing?



I am not ready to let my cats loose with paints!

No comments:

Post a Comment