Monday, August 3, 2009

Art In The Garden Recap

Arts Alive,a non-profitable charitable organization, sponsored the 6th Annual Art in the Garden Juried Art Show this past weekend. The show took place at the County Garden Bouquets which is a beautiful rural setting just 1.2 miles off the main road of 244th Ave SE in Enumclaw, Washington.

It was a well attended event despite the over 90 degree temperature. As one of the artists who participated I received an e-mail from the organizers saying that Art in the Garden exceeded its revenue expectations once again. It was an incredible amount for an outdoor show! Twenty percent of the revenue returns to Arts Alive. Apparently, people have already inquired if it will be back.

I came home with several art pieces for my garden and house.

This was my first experience and aside from trying to keep cool, it was wonderful. The artists were outstanding and very helpful. I borrowed a tent from my good friend Judi Colwell. I must admit even though it says "easy up," I needed some assistance in setting it up and taking it down.

Here I am....



I had a fabulous response to my art and several purchases. One woman fell in love with my watercolor painting "Another Find" and added it to her home environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment