Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sketchbook Project 2012 Completed!

Yes, January 31st postmark ends the submission for the Sketchbook Project 2012; a constantly evolving library of artists' sketchbooks from across the globe.

I DID IT!

You can check their website to see when the world tour will be in the city closest to you. This year thousands of sketchbooks will be exhibited at art spaces in 14 cities. After the tour, they will join the collection of the Brooklyn Art Library and made available to the public seven days a week.

A digital view of my sketchbook:

Cover

Title Page














3 comments:

  1. I highly enjoy your collection! I especially like the watercolour paintings. I noticed some pictures seem to have coloured pencil on them: Am I correct. I you do, do you use wood coloured pencils or woodless? I use both but I prefer woodless: They're heavier and easier on my hands (Arthritis) and the consistancy is thicker with less pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    Yes, some are colored pencil; I have the Berol collection. Not familiar with other pencils. The paper in the Sketchbook was challenging and not the best paper for colored pencil work. I think paper makes the biggest difference in how colored pencil art turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. I'm not too familiar with Berol (I have but one set of pens from them, I think): In my art class they give us Prismacolor so I expected that was it.
    Very true: I like a rough paper for coloured pencils and a smooth for water colour. In fact if I want to use watercolour on a canvas I use watercoloured pencils. :)

    ReplyDelete