Thursday, July 7, 2011

Children Of Gaza and Art

Today I returned to the Afaq Jadeela Association in Mukhaim El Jadeed to create art with the children.

Water is a big issue here in Gaza. The children are asking for clean water to drink. As part of the Maia Mural Project we will paint murals around Gaza.

I asked the children to create pictures about water. Their pictures told the story of the water pollution and the need for fresh water and a cleaner environment.

The most interesting part of being "lost in translation" was that after I passed out the boxes of crayons and paper, the children just sat there. I did not know what was wrong. Majd came with pencils and the children began drawing.

Here are some photos of these sweet, beautiful children who graced my day.







No comments:

Post a Comment