Thursday, April 1, 2010

Another Nature Rorschach Test

About a week or so ago, I posted an image from my walk along the Chehalis Western Trail in Olympia, Washington. I called it Nature's Rorschach test because the image of the cut tree reminded me of a Rorschach test. At that time, I saw a face. Today, from a different angle the tree stump took on a different image.

What do you see?


For those of you who do not know what a Rorschach test is, I let me explain.

The Rorschach test (also known as the Rorschach inkblot test or simply the Inkblot test) is a psychological test in which subjects' perceptions of inkblots are recorded and then analyzed using psychological interpretation, complex scientifically derived algorithms, or both. Some psychologists use this test to examine a person's personality characteristics and emotional functioning.

It is similar to finding images in clouds or in splotches of paint with or without the psychological interpretations.

Stay tuned for the results of the New Nature's Rorschach Test

No comments:

Post a Comment