Tuesday, December 27, 2011

No Excuses

I am using the holidays as an excuse for not painting even though I do not believe in excuses.

In order to set the record straight, I will gear up on artistic creations since I have one month to complete the sketchbook for the Sketchbook Project 2012.

I am amazed by the spectacular blooms of the tropical plant,Anthurium, which has a predominant spot in the living room window that faces south. It just loves this spot and graces me with blooms year round.

After completing this sketch and watercolor of the Anthurium, I am considering a full size painting.

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Joanne. I love all the bright, vibrant colours in it and I bet it would look great as a full size painting.

    Good luck on the Sketchbook 2012! I'm using the holidays to take a break from art as well but will soon start up once again.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophia,

    Thanks!

    I look forward to your creations.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete