Wednesday, December 2, 2009

First Lavender Watercolor Painting

Way back in July I attended the Lavender Festival in Sequim, Washington. Seems like a long time ago.

It is an event that I highly recommend. The whole town of Sequim celebrates and having done this for several years, the festival committee is extremely organized. This year there were seven lavender farms open to the public and it amazed me how smoothly the bus system ran. At each field you not only found acres of lavender, but also art, music, and everything you could think up to create with lavender from food to crafts.

I am just getting around to creating some lavender watercolor paintings from my photos. Here is the first painting. I like some parts of it, but I am not satisfied with the whole painting. Watch for my next addition.........


Sea of Lavender

No comments:

Post a Comment