Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday Sketches

I woke early the other morning with lots of thoughts going through my head. I took a dose of my own creative remedy.........a mandala painting! Painting a mandala is like a meditation and a journey through the "mind field."

I usually let the colors and shapes flow and go with whatever appears be it an image or pure nothing. At first, the two center images were bonded and floating together in a sea of...... Then, one image sprouted branches followed by its separation and trajectory of the other. I am not sure of the meanings and will allow some time and space for processing.


Any thoughts?

More Sunday Sketchers

5 comments:

  1. What a great Mandela painting, Joanne. Love all of the bright, cheery, beautiful colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Joanne ~ lovely, colorful and magical creation ~ love the energy ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my sort of mandala... it is just so full of movement and colour and life... really lovely... and I had to scroll down and have another look at the magnolia from last week... it is just so lovely...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a woman riding on a dolphin on the ocean. the dolphin has a large eye. It is lovely and a perfect way to relax.
    The ocean must be in a forest as of course there is also the beautiful tree:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. not what I think of a typical mandala but i like it ALOT. the colors are vibrant and it has such an great feel to it. The field of flowers is perfect

    ReplyDelete