Monday, January 10, 2011

Much More To Learn

Joanne Osband
Fine Arts & Crafts Show
Olympia, Washington

I learned about Alyson Stanfield's book, "I'd Rather Be In The Studio," at the last artist workshop I attended.

Needless to say, it is pack with valuable information which I am slowly digesting. I was browsing through her blogs when I came across a post which educated me about creating a professional page also known as a "fan page" on Facebook.

Why?

Alyson lists five reasons:

1. There are over 500,000,000 users on Facebook.
2. A fan page is public; You do NOT have to be a member of Facebook to view a fan page.
3. You can have unlimited fans;
4. Facebook fan pages are indexed by Google and appear near the top of search engine results.
5. They are free!

Read her blog post to learn more.

I am in the process of creating albums of paintings on my "fan page". Although still in the creation phase, you are probably anxious to see what the page looks like. When you visit, at the top of the page you will see a "thumbs up" with the word "like." You can help me by clicking on "like" and adding your name. Thank you!

Check it out.........Joanne Osband Art Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment