Sunday, September 5, 2010

Greece Clifftop Monasteries of Meteora

A friend told me of a "must see" place to visit in Greece.

Six monasteries are built on natural sandstone rock pillars, at the northwestern edge of the Plain of Thessaly near the Pineios river and Pindus Mountains, in central Greece. Metéora means "suspended rocks", "suspended in the air" or "in the heavens above" and is one of the largest and most important complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries in Greece.

Preview of my next adventure.....







Yes, I am heading off to explore Greece for the next month.

Also on my "must see" list.....

Oia, Santorini where I will be staying for five days.



And a week on Crete in Plakias as a base for further explorations.



Who knows where else I may go?

I will have photos and watercolor paintings to share when I return.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment