Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Where Do You Start When Making Art?

What triggers your art?
What are your sources of inspiration?
What are your reference sources?


Katherine Tyrrell, artist and author, has a poll going this month on her blog. asking artists, where do you start when making art? I look forward to the discussion at the end of the poll which is Saturday, February 27th.

These are the options - and the poll is multiple choice so you can choose all which are relevant. She suggest sticking to those which are your usual practice so we get the most insight into what most poll respondents do most of the time.

My imagination
My ideas and concepts
Paintings by past masters
Life and what I see around me
My sketches
My sketches and my photos
My reference photos
Ther people's reference photos
Current trend/whatever seems to sell
Commissions

No comments:

Post a Comment